- United Nation Human Rights Council 33rd September Sessions presented a report they prepared after their visit to Turkey. The Report announced by the UN Forced Disappearances Group Chair Houria Es-Slami gathered great interest. Es-Slami said they had received documents showing ISIS selling imprisoned Yazidi women in Turkey. Slami said they wanted to meet with the ministry officials during their visit to Turkey between March 14 to 18 but the ministers refused to meet with them. Slami also said they witnessed the military operations carried out in the region.
- Police forces raided the building of Democratic Regions’ Party (DBP) in Hakkari where a hunger strike against the seizure of the municipality through the appointment of a trustee is ongoing. On Sept 17, Peoples Democratic Party (HDP) Executive Committee member Alp Altinors was arrested on charges of attending a funeral of a Kurdish victim of Ankara’s bombing in October 2015. HDP party released a statement condemning the arrest and calling it “unlawfully”.
- People Defense Units (YPG) press center announced on Sept 14 the death of 55 ISIS members during clashes near Al Shadadi. According to the statement, YPG have seized weapons and ammunitions from ISIS. Meanwhile, factions of Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) are advancing against ISIS in Al Wahshya, Al Hasya and Tel Maled northern Aleppo. On Sept 19, ISIS launched an attack in several axes by car bombs and tanks in order to stop SDF for further advances. Jayesh Al Thwar and Al Bab Military Council groups are leading the campaign against ISIS.
- During the 13th anniversary of the Democratic Union Party (PYD) Saleh Muslim, the Co-President delivered a statement to Hawar News Agency congratulating Rojava-North Syria people on this occasion. Muslem said “ the present system in Rojava is elected by people, and PYD could be an example to it, as the people of Rojava are ruling themselves by means of a perfect example of the future solution to the present crises in Syria and the Middle East” he mentioned the PYD’s 2004 uprising against the Syrian regime “our party founded, we have undertaken the leadership of the uprising, and since then our party is sacrificing many martyrs and many others were detained in the Baathist regime prisons”.
- The Yazidi survivor of ISIS sex slavery Nadia Murad was appointed as Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations (UN). Nadia Murad will be acting Dignity of Survivors of Human Trafficking for the UN.
- On September 18, ISIS subside car bomb killed three Peshmergas in Khazir northwest of Mosul. Last week, ISIS also launched attacks on Peshmerga defense lines in Gewer and Bashiqa resulting in one death and two injuries among them. Recently ISIS attacks against Kurdish security forces increased while Pehsmerga forces backed by the coalition forces are gradually advancing into Mosul city.
- Both parties of Gorran (Change movement) and the Islamic Union have rejected the call from the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) to participate in a meeting that will include all political parties to resolve the economic crises and plan reforms. Meanwhile, the KRG is awaiting responds from other political parties to hold the meeting.
- According to NRT, Iranian artillery bombarded the suspected bases of the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Iran (KDP-I) in the village of Barbzen in the Sidakan sub-district of Soran district, 120 kilometers northeast of Erbil. No causalities were reported. Since June 2016, KDP-I resumed armed struggle against the Iranian regime.