HPG (People’s Defense Forces) Press and Communication Center has released a statement about the bombardment carried out by Turkish warplanes against the guerrilla-held Medya Defense Zones since late yesterday.
HPG stated that the expansive and intense air strike by a number of Turkish warplanes started at around 11 pm on July 24 and continued till the noon on July 25, today.
HPG listed the details of the strikes on the areas of Haftanin, Metina, Zap, Avashin, Basya, Gare, Kandil and Xakurke as follows;
– The hamlets of Şehit (Martyr) Harun, Dola Şehidan and the villages of Bokriska and Lewce were targeted in the bombardment of Turkish aircraft in Kandil area from 00:00 last night to 06:30 this morning. The strikes have started a fire in the area while also causing a damage in the houses and properties of the civilian people living here. The fire in this area still continues, HPG said, adding that Turkish aircraft conducted an intense reconnaissance flights over this area from 03:30 to 06:30 today.
– Eight warplanes of the Turkish army shelled the Şemzinan, Dola Mustafa, Dola Çıluçar, Şehit Beritan and Şekif Hill in Xakurke area at 22:40 on July 24.
– An activity of Turkish warplanes also took place over the Zagros area from July 24 night till the moment, continuing in the form of bombardment from 21:00 yesterday evening to 01:30 at night.
– Many Turkish warplanes also conducted intense flights over Avashin area from 23:00 last night till 06:00 this morning. The activity in this area also continues uninterruptedly since 08:20 Saturday morning.
– Turkish warplanes shelled Dola Şukê, Sılo village, Arıs Farıs hillside from 00:00 last night to 04:30 this morning. A fire caused by the bombardment in Dola Şive area is still continuing.
– Turkish troops on the other hand opened fire with A-4 weaponry targeting the Avashin and Bêdewê areas between 21:00 and 22:00 on July 24 evening. A fire started by the bombardment in Bêdewê area still continues.
– Turkish soldiers at Mamreş military outpost also opened fire on Mêrgê area with A-4 weaponry between 22:30 and 23:00 yesterday evening.
– Turkish warplanes also performed low altitude flights over Haftanin area and hit 15 separate points from 23:00 yesterday evening to 07:45 this morning. A fire started by the shelling here still continues, while UAVs continue flying over the border line since 23:00 yesterday.
– UAVs of the Turkish army also flew over Zap area from 21:15 yesterday evening to 09:20 this morning, while an activity of Turkish planes also took place in the same area from 23:00 yesterday to 09:30 today.
– Warplanes supported by reconnaissance drones also hit this area at 01:20 last night, as a result of which a child was severely wounded in the village of Bêzelê in Şkefta Brindara area, and a fire was started by the strikes in the area, which still continues.
– Turkish troops at Şikêra military outpost opened fire with A-4 and A-6 weaponry, targeting the Cehennem hill side and Çiyayê Reş area between 01:30 and 02:30 last night.
– Turkish warplanes from Eriş, SerêSêvê, Tepê Ortê, Şikêra outposts also shelled many areas in the Zap region at the top of the hour yesterday evening.
– An intense activity of Turkish war and reconnaissance aircraft has also taken place over Zagros area from 11:00 this morning till the moment.
– Turkish warplanes conducted a bombardment on a number of locations in Gare area of Medya Defense Zones from 22:30 on July 24 to 05:30 this morning, as a result of which a fire erupted in this area as well. Warplanes supported by reconnaissance aircraft also flew over this area between 05:30 and 06:00 this morning.
HPG Command Council Member Şervan Varto – Önder Aslan- was martyred and three guerrillas were wounded as a result of Turkish airstrikes against Medya Defense Zones. HPG Commander Aslan was in the ranks of the Kurdistan Freedom Movement since 1993.
The airstrikes of the Turkish army also left two civilians wounded in Çemço area, and one other in Şikefte Birindara area, HPG said, adding that one child was among those who suffered an injury.